The Bikur Cholim of the Young Israel of Oceanside was established more than 30 years ago to benefit the patients at South Nassau Hospital. Our services are available to all Jewish patients and include:
- Visits on Erev Shabbos
- Wine and Matzah on Pesach
- Challah, Grape Juice and Electric Shabbos Candles
- Special arrangements for Rosh Hashana shofar blowing, Megillah on Purim, Shalach Manot etc.
- Lulav and Etrog on Sukkot
- Accommodations for sleep and meals on shabbat and Yom Tov
- Daily visits
- Shabbat visits (rain or shine) by a group of 10-15 teens
In addition, Shabbat meals, tefillin, and other items are available upon request. We also assist our members with transportation arrangements for medical and other appointments.
For assistance with Shabbat Hospitality or any other hospital related assistance contact Sondra Gottesman (516) 764-9378